A Safe Space for Parents to Talk about Real Challenges
About 8 years ago, I started holding online groups. I wanted to create a safe space for parents, wherever they live in the world, to share their experiences and find their own solutions to their challenges. I didn’t want another space where someone tells parents what to do. No one knows their situation and their family better than they do and they have the wisdom inside themselves. I wanted a space where parents could be seen, heard, and felt. And empowered.
So I started experimenting with Healing Story Circles and Time-in for Parents, which was a non-judgmental zone where anything was an acceptable topic. It didn’t have to be specifically about parenting. It could be about something that was a struggle. It could be a relationship that wasn’t feeling good with a partner or child, or parent. It could be someone needing support with a new baby, or the upcoming holidays, or making a choice about school. A small group of parents came in the beginning and many of them have stayed. Some of them have gone through my 2 Year Training to learn how to hold Healing Story Circles and have extra layers of support for their personal and also professional lives. I’ve seen them grow in ways they can’t with one-on-one work. I’ve watched them work through things and flourish because we can really see them in this space.
If you aren’t familiar with the concept of Healing Story Circles, I wanted to give you the chance to learn more about it and join one if you feel called. I’ve created a series of videos and also am extending an invitation if you’d like to join us for a live call to have the experience for yourself. But first, here is some information to help you decide if a Healing Story Circle call could be right for you right now. Or not.
How to know if Healing Story Circles might be a good fit for you…
- If you are ready to have more support in your life
- If you want to feel heard and validated
- If you have a specific challenge in a relationship that you would like some support around
- If you want some extra love
- If growth and becoming the best you is your value
- You are ready to take responsibility for your own life and want some support to do that
- You are committed to curiosity
- You have sufficient support for your family- You can take time to show up and be present
- If you are in alignment with the consciously parenting values, meaning that you know that all behavior is a communication and there’s nothing more important than the relationship
How to know if this isn’t the right time for a Healing Story Circle…
- If the thought of a healing story circle makes you cringe
- If you don’t feel safe being vulnerable
- If you’re too busy to show up and be present
- If you don’t have enough support to be present for 90 minutes
Want to Learn More?
I created some videos with one of my recent 2 year training graduates, Rachel Rothman, about Healing Story Circles. If you want to learn more about these, check out the videos.
Ready to join a Healing Story Circle?
If you’re a member already, they’re free and you’re already getting emails about the calls. Just join us.
Not a member? If you’d like to join, to try it out, it’s $25. Pay for the call here and we will send you the information to join. We use Zoom, which allows us all to see one another.